If you are considering expanding into the US this is a great opportunity to get 1:1 face time with one of Silicon Valley's top law firms who are at The Bradfield Centre on the 3rd October.
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati have a star studded roster of Silicon Valley's leading tech companies including Autodesk, Expedia, Google, Hewlett-Packard, HTC Corporation, Juniper Networks, LinkedIn, Mylan, Netflix, Tesla, Twitter, Salesforce.com, and many of the fastest growing companies including Box, CrowdStrike, Dropbox, Invuity, Mesoblast, OnDeck Capital, Solar City, Square, Sunrun, and InWith Corp.
For many high-growth enterprises, there’s nowhere better to start and grow than the UK, and nowhere better to expand and raise later-stage funding than the United States. The US offers the promise of massive commercial opportunities and plentiful venture and growth capital. However, doing business and raising money in an unfamiliar, highly-competitive environment requires thoughtful advance planning and clinical execution.
In this facilitated Q&A session, we will discuss best practices for navigating the logistical aspects of launching and operating a UK business in the States, and setting and meeting expectations for US later-stage funding.
Here’s a sample of various frequently-asked questions:
- When should I consider establishing US operations?
- When should I look to raise money from US VCs?
- Do I need a US company to raise money from US VCs?
- When do I need to create a US company?
- Where is the best place to set up in the States?
- How long does US set up take and how much does it cost?
- How do I sell/pitch in the US as a British/non-US founder?
- How is hiring different in the US, and what’s the optimal US team?
- Does everyone really sue each other all the time in the US?
- Are there government resources to assist with US expansion?
To help formulate other questions in advance, here’s a link to Tech Nation’s US expansion and fundraising library.
The discussion will be led by Tech Nation Fellow Daniel Glazer, who leads the US Expansion group at Silicon Valley-headquartered Wilson Sonsini. Dan leads Wilson’s London office, which focuses solely on providing US access and support to technology-driven UK companies through their US life cycle – US launch, expansion, fundraising, partnerships, M&A and IPO.
NOTE: This session is aimed at businesses that are planning to expand to the US during the next year or have done so within the past year
Please register your interest to attend and we will get in touch to confirm attendance.