Virtual Q&A session with Illumina and Genomics England, to talk about how they built successful collaborations for genomic innovation.
About this Event
The 100k Genomes Project was an ambitious and novel endeavour to spark a revolution in patient treatment and diagnosis in the UK, and to enable new scientific discoveries. A partnership between Genomics England and Illumina to sequence, store and analyse resultant data, and close collaboration with many other partners was pivotal to achieving this monumental goal.
And now, in the midst of a global pandemic, the companies are working together once again on a novel project to sequence the genomes of 35,000 UK COVID19 patients in collaboration with the NHS and the GenOMICC Consortium.
What are the key challenges and factors of success in leading two large teams from separate organisations on a project that represents ‘uncharted territory’? Where are the opportunities to innovate further ?
Meet Clare Kingsley, Director, Scientific Operations at Illumina and Greg Elgar, Director of Sequencing at Genomics England who will tell you more about life, successes and challenges on the inside of this successful ongoing collaboration.
Informal 30-45 min virtual Q&A session
• 100% live sessions designed to be interactive.
• Experts will answer all your questions.
• Direct access to innovators, entrepreneurs and experts who have created successful teams and enterprises.
• Get an insight into the life of a genomics/biodata company.
• Meet new people, connect with peers, and learn from the comfort of your armchair/ sofa/deck chair.
Who should attend?
Life Sciences PhD students and PostDocs currently working in or interested in topics such as genomics, sequencing, virology, healthcare research or governance, AI, bioinformatics, entrepreneurship, management, commercialisation of science, technology transfer/translation etc.
Can't attend the webinar?
Drop us an email so that we can inform you when the webinar is available on-demand.
A few things to note:
1. This online session will be more valuable and interesting for all participants if you engage with the presenters. Please have a think about what you’d like to ask during the session.
2. Please note, that we will record the webinars so that they could be made available for later access.
3. At the start of the session, you will be automatically muted. To ask your question, please add it to the CHAT/request to be unmuted.
4. Enjoy 'grilling' the experts!