The team has been spending a lot of time thinking about how we can keep the wonderful sense of community at The Bradfield alive whilst many of you are working from home. For those members still coming into the building, we want to reassure you that we continue to monitor Government advice and the building remains open. More information is available in this blog post.
Despite the unprecedented challenges facing us all, business cannot stop, and as such we want to ensure we continue to support you as much as we possibly can.
In this post we will share our current thinking, and remind you of some of the existing benefits of your Bradfield Centre membership. We are of course open to any and all suggestions you may have.
As more of the country works from home and all of our daily routines change, we need to be mindful of the potential social and mental health impacts this could bring. The Bradfield team want to ensure you have a friendly face to chat to, and someone to proactively help you through these difficult times.
Whilst nothing will ever replace hanging out and chatting with colleagues or meeting over coffee in the café, we are looking to digitise as much of our community offer as possible:
- We have added a blog to The Bradfield Centre website where will publish COVID-19 updates, and sign post relevant information and events.
- We have Slack for Bradfield Centre members. This is a great way to stay in touch realtime, chat and share information. If you are not already registered, contact one of The Bradfield team to get set up.
- Starting from this Monday we will have an open Zoom call running each morning 8:00 – 9:00 for breakfast and 12:00 – 13:00 for lunch. Join at any point, no agenda, no chairperson, just an opportunity for people to hangout, chat, show off of their culinary skills or compare their coffee mug game. Just click the links.
- Building on the breakfast & lunch casual hangouts, we will launch a bi-weekly Bradfield Centre meeting on Zoom. This will be a chance for us all to see each other’s smiles, share individual company news, swap tips on how we are all adapting, and listen to relevant guest speakers. More information will be shared on this shortly.
- We are looking to work with all of our event organisers to explore running our events online where possible. The first of these is on Tuesday when we will walk you through the various COVID-19 state aid packages available for your businesses, with Metro Bank, PEM and Cofinitive – make sure you are not missing out.
- We want to do as much as we can to spotlight our members during these challenging times, so we are launching a Bradfield Centre podcast. The format of the show will be to invite member companies to chat about their story, their products & customers, and their mission. More information on this shortly. If you would like to come on as a guest, please chat to James.
As a reminder, you can continue to:
- Enjoy discounts and access to start-up support programs from the leading technology providers in the world like Google, AWS, Microsoft and Nvidia.
- Get advice and networking support from our partners like TechNation, TechEast, The Institute of Directors, Cambridge Wireless, Cambridge Network, and Cambridge Ahead.
- Get free financial, accounting, marketing and PR advice via our #ask-an-expert channel on Slack
The above represents our current thinking. We will make you aware as each of these initiatives goes live, and we will of course learn and adapt as we go. Please let us know which you are most interested in, and feel free to suggest other ideas.
The Bradfield Centre Team.